Balionis Group, Inc. is well known for providing engineers and technology people to a variety of high technology firms. We provide direct placement as well as contract engineers.
We are currently looking for a Buyer for a permanent position within our client base. This position is permanent and is based in Sarver, PA (north of Pittsburgh).
Under limited supervision, ensure the supply of quality materials to meet production demands and select, audit, and manage suppliers and the supply chain for all serial production operations and special technology applications and participate in business operations of select serial manufacturing operations by performing the following activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Identify candidate suppliers capable of meeting the business, quality and technical requirements of associate production.
- Participate in the selection process for suppliers, including audits of suppliers.
- Establish performance metrics for all suppliers, and maintain records of supplier performance for reference.
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers, and establish contracts as needed.
- Utilize the MRP based BaaN ERP system for the generation of material needs, shortages, reorder points, Min/Max order quantities, exceptions, timing, standard lead-times, preferred supplier, etc.
- Establish standard costs for production items as needed.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information to suppliers, including drawings, specification, special instructions, etc.
- Develop and maintain material specifications, item data, customer specs, and other data pertinent to the procurement of the materials.
- Manage the flow of material such that production needs are met on a continual basis by working with production control, quality control, and production supervision.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the affected business area managers regarding shortages, changes in material process, delivery delays, etc.
- Work with the Commercial Team to establish and maintain standard pricing levels for quotations and orders.
- Report to the Business Unit Manager any price changes that are covered by material escalator clauses. Price changes may be Positive or Negative but will impact customer pricing.
- Communicate on a regular basis with production supervision regarding shortages, changes in material process, delivery delays, quality issues, quarantined materials, etc.
- Participate in Material Review Board meetings as needed, and communicate the results of these meetings to suppliers as they are affected.
- Supervise additional purchasing resources as needed.
- Maintain and enforce purchasing requirements/procedures as applicable for the various ISO certifications held by the Corporation.
- Participate in ISO Audits from Internal Sources, Surveillance audits, and customer audits.
- Participate and report on supplier performance in the Quarterly Supplier Review meetings.
- Work with suppliers to maintain acceptable levels of OTD and PPM to meet the Corporate Goals.
- Share information on OTD and PPM levels with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Issue SCARs to suppliers who are not performing to expected levels or who provide discrepant work.
- Perform follow-up work with suppliers on past due SCARs and with Quality to insure the responses are effective and adequate to prevent reoccurrences.
- Attend production meetings to monitor the work flow and anticipate spikes in workloads that could impact the supply base.
- When required, travel to meet with suppliers for Audits, performance issues, communications improvement, and knowledge building.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Must be literate in metallurgical terminology.
- Must be knowledgeable in stamping dies and their functioning.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
- Must be able to understand and apply work-related documents such as operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have a strong background in the use and management of an MRP based ERP management system including the creation and maintenance of standard items.
- Must have a background in working in a standard cost system and the financial implications of variations off standard cost.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Lotus, Excel and Dbase.
- Must be generally familiar with stamping and plastic injection molding business.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills in order to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and on one’s own initiative.
- Must have knowledge/experience purchasing copper, brass, carbon, stainless, and aluminum
- Must be able to understand and perform to job-related quality standards and methods.
- Must be highly articulate.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be able to comply with U.S. export regulations.
- Must have the ability to interface with and manage outside vendors.
- Must work well with all customers, internal and external.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Must be able to understand written correspondence.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Metallurgy, or Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- A.P.P. or C.P.M. certification preferred.
- 5-6 Years previous purchasing experience required.
- 5-6 Years previous experience in purchasing raw materials in a compatible industry.
- Minimum 3 year ERP system experience required, preferably Baan.
Upon request, the full position description will be released to the candidates.
Contact us for more information on the specific client and more details on the position description.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.