We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Receiving Material Handler Technician is responsible for coordinating and participating in the activities of the WEPC receiving department on their assigned shift. The general activities of the department include loading and unloading trailers, operating the sample transfer station, unloading raw material rail cars and trucks, reviewing quality data sheets for raw material approvals in adherence to TS16949 standards, understanding the NCM system and identify non-conforming materials. Performing general warehouse duties and maintaining the warehouse to high standards of housekeeping, counting and reporting physical inventory, sort and distribute mail truck deliveries, coordinating with site transportation rail switches and recycling trailers.
The candidate must demonstrate safe and efficient performance of daily tasks, ensuring adherence to all established standards. In addition, he/she is responsible for ensuring plant equipment is operated in a manner and condition to produce quality product. The candidate is additionally responsible for contributing to the success of plant goals and objectives through their participation on EHS and team activities to further advance the qualities of a High Performance Organization.
The Wyandotte Engineering Plastics Compounding facility is one of three compounding plants in North America, with similar facilities in Europe and Asia. As a member of the global PME organization, the facility operates twin-screw extruders to produce polyamide 6, polyamide 6/6, and polybutylene terephthalate compounds. Material produced serves the automotive, industrial, and electronics industries.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated experience in a production environment.
- Strong team orientation with proven safety performance and process troubleshooting knowledge.
- Able to work rotating shifts
- Strong attention to details in unloading process setup and paperwork requirements
- Effective time management skills to effectively manage daily activities.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to learn and perform a variety of tasks in support of plant operations.
- Engineering Plastics experience preferred.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA