Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
EH&S Manager (Lumber Division)
Provide EH&S leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) Framework and Guiding Principles. Create real value for the organization by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Develop and align facility EH&S strategies consistent with company/division EH&S vision and strategies. Drive EH&S excellence and performance improvement through real culture change and effective, sustainable management systems. Ensure leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety and environmental responsibilities. Reports directly to the Mill Manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Division H&S Manager and Division Environmental Manager.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Responsibilities & Expectations
* Provide leadership and direction in establishing and achieving a meaningful EH&S vision and effective strategies through management commitment and employee ownership.
* Participate in the selection and development of talent throughout the mill’s organization.
* Facilitate EH&S ownership and accountability by the line organization through:
+ The establishment and communication of clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
+ Active and effective coaching by management and supervision.
+ Employee understanding, acceptance, and use of challenge process and decision rights.
* Drive EH&S excellence by creating an MBM® culture and developing/implementing risk and compliance management systems.
* Evaluate and develop synergies between safety and environmental programs
* Lead the development and use of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards. Drive and assist with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities.
* Actively manage all aspects of compliance (e.g., OSHA, EPA, state, local, company standards). Ensure ownership resides with the appropriate roles within the organization.
* Ensure facility risk profile is addressed through development/implementation of key controls.
+ Recommend and facilitate engineering/design changes to eliminate or reduce risk (e.g., machine guarding, ergonomics, traffic, fire/explosion, noise, upset conditions).
+ Drive flawless execution, assessment, and improvement of critical safe work practices.
+ Ensure compliance obligations are managed and met through effective systems and processes.
+ Support all phases of capital and major expense projects to ensure safe execution (e.g., design review, contractor selection/orientation/auditing, work plans/permits, pre-startup review).
* Identify EH&S development and training needs.
+ Ensure a system exists to develop, manage, deliver, track, and document needed and required training.
+ Ensure training is provided by properly qualified persons, and that training is effective (e.g., though documented demonstration of competency).
* Actively share and seek out knowledge (e.g., best practices, lessons learned, franchising of EH&S programs).
* Ensure change is identified, and proactively and effectively managed.
* Drive continuous improvement using tool and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets (leading and lagging indicators); and periodic reviews of performance, culture, and talent.
* Effectively communicate facility EH&S vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
* Utilize development plans to grow EH&S knowledge and skills.
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, engineering
* 5 years minimum safety experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment. Or, in the Georgia-Pacific Entry Level Professional Program.
* Environmental compliance and management systems experience.
What Will Put You Ahead?
* CSP or CIH, or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification.
* Demonstrated experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems.
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube