Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
SAFETY LEADER – NAHEOLA
This position, which reports to the mill manager, is located at the production facility in Pennington, Alabama and has responsibility for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s Health and Safety programs for GP employees
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Strive to create value for the mill through effective implementation of GP and TTN safety and health requirements and a thorough understanding of the mill’s safety & health vision.
* Provide leadership and strategic direction to achieve the facility H&S vision.
* Develop tools/methods to assess facility culture and builds strategies to close gaps in organizational and personal risk tolerance.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to facilitate ownership for safety at the line level.
* Develop systems/methods for identifying hazards and evaluating risk in existing or future equipment, processes, and operations
* Facilitate control solutions to eliminate hazards and the causes of loss events.
* Develop, with facility leadership, short and long term H&S strategies which integrate safety performance into the facilities day-to-day operation
* Ensure the facility attracts, develops, and retains the H&S talent and fosters an environment which motivates a team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results
* Evaluate the effectiveness of the Safety Management System, analyze overall facility H&S trends and check and adjust methods, systems, and strategies accordingly
* Monitor compliance to G-P H&S Standards and Best Practices
What You Will Need:
* A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, a safety related field, or other technical field (i.e., Engineering)
* A minimum of 5 years of safety-related work experience in a heavy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
* An Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Graduate Safety Professional (GSP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification
* A minimum of 10 years safety & health experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting
* Experience in manufacturing, converting and packaging automation
* Ability to establish sustainable systems for compliance and continuous improvement
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube