Under moderate supervision, carries out a variety of engineering functions including design and development, prototyping, structural validation, code compliance, manufacturability, and cost objectives. In performing these functions, the engineer will exercise considerable to extensive latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Works in conjunction with various other disciplines in the development of designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience. Reviews engineering drawings and supporting ECO documentation to verify adherence to standards and prepares the ECO for distribution. Leads project teams by planning, coordinating, and communicating between the various disciplines.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions): This self-motivated individual will provide support for, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Manage overall program from concept initiation to launch of product.
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate between areas of responsibility as required. This shall include work tasks, task status, and responsibility.
- Responsible for meeting specifications of the project such as cost objectives, timing, and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for preparing Milestone documents and obtaining approvals for team.
Product Design and Development
- Design products to meet desired specifications for new products, cost improvements, channel initiatives, and other corporate objectives.
- Use various tools to develop concepts for review/discussion with other departments, specifically marketing and manufacturing.
- Play a key role in brain-storming new designs leveraging end user insights, competitive analysis, and use of manufacturing and customer care data.
- Provide design and development support to the other engineers, analysts, and designers to better utilize the senior engineers on larger scale programs
- Participate in the creation and evaluation of intellectual property and patents.
- Work in conjunction with tooling, equipment and manufacturing technology engineers to develop and execute an achievable manufacturing build plan.
- Develop testing plans to ensure product design meets all government and internal safety and quality standards.
- When developing new products, use the product development process to ensure all aspects of the project are considered.
- Prepare necessary updates on projects to inform other members of the organization.
- Review and provide changes to artwork for product labels, instruction sheets, advertising cards, etc.
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting ECO documentation to verify adherence to standards and prepares the ECO cover-letter for distribution.
- Engineers will be utilized in other areas of the department to supplement project resources, such as testing, sample preparation, and pilot production.
- Engineers will take direction primarily from Project Leaders, Engineers, Sr. Engineers, and/or Managers.
- Understand and follow Quality Management System.