About the Company
MagneMotion develops and manufactures intelligent assembly automation and material handling solutions using electromagnetic technology, specifically linear synchronous motor (LSM). Our LSM transport conveyor systems are a high performance alternative to the conventional conveyor systems typically used for industrial automation.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Hardware Development Engineer is responsible for supporting all mechanical aspects of existing and new industrial linear motor product design. This position requires substantial interaction and collaboration with cross functional business units, customers, and suppliers.
- New product mechanical design and analysis
- Create and review detail drawings
- Continuous improvement and manufacturing engineering support
- Procure and fabricate prototype and proof of concept linear motor based systems
- New customer application analysis and existing customer product troubleshooting
- Mentor junior mechanical and manufacturing engineers
- Manage mechanical project related tasks and activities
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of related experience
- Significant CAD, preferably SolidWorks, experience
- Proficiency creating and reviewing detail drawings with GD&T
- Design for manufacture and assembly proficiency
- Experience conducting failure analysis and defining corrective actions
- Attention to detail, disciplined work ethic, and strong organizational skills
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience designing and selecting rollers, wheels, and bearings for assembly automation or equivalent applications
- Permanent magnet motor mechanical design and manufacturing: coil winding, permanent magnet array assembly, lamination design, electronics packaging
- Injection molding, casting, extrusion, machining, & sheet metal design
- Plastic bearing selection and design
- Hygienic (food processing) equipment, FDA, and clean room design
- Proficiency using PLM systems to manage drawings, documents, CAD models, BOMs, & ECOs
- Hands on mechanical aptitude
- Experience working on DOD and DOE projects
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
Devens - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.