The Maintenance Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team who acts as a technical advisor and is responsible for overall maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant manufacturing equipment and the overall facility itself. Provides leadership and supervision to the Maintenance team in the assignment and coordination of work to ensure safety, quality and maximum production efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees, plans and issues work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance.
• Conducts safety inspections of work areas, examines tools/equipment, facilitates safety training to prevent, identify and correct unsafe conditions or violation of safety procedures and rules.
• Prepares, coordinates maintenance resources and provides recommendations for capital and continuous improvement projects.
• Prepares purchase requisitions in order to request any materials and supplies such as tools, equipment and replacement parts.
• Interfaces with vendors and suppliers as necessary to discuss products used in repair work and/or projects that need to be completed.
• Communicates on a regular basis with the maintenance team to ensure two-way consistent communication is occurring with equipment issues.
• Participates in Lean Manufacturing practices such as Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
• Reviews the operation of equipment with appropriate personnel to identify maintenance issues in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
• Engages employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
• Develops, maintains, and delivers team member feedback constructively for performance in general and/or to handle disciplinary matters.
• Fosters a positive working environment and drives Maintenance team to meet set productivity targets and performance standards.
• Reviews location’s Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to make recommendations for improving plant operations, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and maintenance problem resolution.
• Tracks, analyzes and improves the Maintenance department’s KPIs in the areas of efficiency, downtime reduction, overall maintenance cost and preventative maintenance compliance.
• Ensures all regulatory compliance with various governmental agencies such as city, county, state are met on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and reviews Maintenance budget on a monthly basis to ensure it is in within approved budget guidelines; Prepares and implements annual budget each fiscal year.
• Assists in recruitment process of Maintenance personnel.
• Ensures Maintenance employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs to include safety, quality and production. Identifies training gaps and develops training plans as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance may be offered.
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor degree in engineering or operations management
• Possesses 5-7 years of experience in Industrial Automation, PLCs, Pneumatics and Hydraulics, Injection Molding preferably in the Packaging Industry
• Management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people
• Previous experience working in a Lean environment preferred
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
• Exceptional leadership and proven team building skills
• Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem solving skills
• Has the ability to multi-task, prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Microsoft Office Proficiency; SAP knowledge preferred
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary and excellent benefits
About B-Way Corporation
History in the making
In 1875, a private family business owned by William Vogel of Brooklyn, New York, began making tin plate pots, pie plates, cuspidors and other household products.
That humble operation would go on to become the company you know today, BWAY Corporation. A leader in rigid packaging, BWAY has more than 100 patents, over 300 products, 4,000 employees, 1,500 customers and 26 manufacturing facilities, and produces over 1.5 billion parts annually.
BWAY’s rich heritage can be traced to its focus on creating value for customers and strategic growth. Through acquisitions such as Ropak Packaging, Central Can Co., NAMPAC and Milton Can Co., to name a few, and BWAY’S large distribution network, the company has grown into a market leader with annual sales exceeding $1.5 billion.
After 140 years of growth and diversification, innovation has remained at the core of what we do every day. From introducing the first United Nations-rated steel pail to developing the first gasket-free cover and commercializing pails that incorporate up to 50 percent post-consumer resin, our combination of innovation and excellence has earned us wide recognition.
Our 19th century root...s were history in the making then, and our 21st century vision is history in the making now. For a more detailed journey through BWAY’s successes, view our timeline on our website.